Video [4 min]: Demo of ShapeGenie (alpha version)
Tutorials for Manually Creating Outlines in Fiji/ImageJ
Video [12 min]: Drawing Outlines Using Fiji_Part-1_Saving Outlines in the RoiManager
Video [9 min]: Drawing Outlines Using Fiji_Part-2_Polygon and Kidney Bean Tools
How to Prepare Shape Outlines
(Otherwise Known as “Masks”)
1. Scale: Are Your Images Scaled Appropriated Before Extracting Outlines?
Video [5 min]: The Scale Parameter - How to Prepare Shape Outlines
2. Thickness: Is the Line Thickness of the Outlines 5-10 pixels Thick?
Video [5 min]: The Line Thickness Parameter - How to Prepare Shape Outlines
3. Margins: Are the White Margins on Four Sides of the Outlines >15 pixels?
Video [3 min]: The Margin Thickness Parameter - How to Prepare Shape Outlines
How to Separate Mask Objects That Share Borders or Cross Borders
Video [6 min]: Tutorial_manually separating mask objects that share or cross borders
What Grid System to Use
1. Grid Systems: When to Use Parallel Grid System vs. Radial Grid System
2. Preparing Shape Outlines for the Parallel Grid System
3. ShapeGenie Measures Left- vs. Right-Handed Reflections Differently. Did you flip one side or the other horizontally?
Objective Orientation Yields Cleaner Data
1. Local Orientation: Nature is Full of Mini North & South Poles. Should you rotate your shapes based on their poles?
2. Global Orientation: Assume Order Within Structural Variation. Should you rotate the image before outlining the shapes within it?